Frequently Asked Questions
- Use quality quilting fabric - cheaper fabrics have a looser weave and may stretch and distort, making it difficult to match lines at the seams.
- Check and verify the 1/4" inch seam allowance.
- PRESS the fabric, do not scoot the iron across the fabric. Use Best Press starch alternative to press the fabric prior to cutting. It is very useful in stiffening the fabric and reduce stretching.
- For the Triangle Frenzy Swirl pattern, use a Creative Grids 60 degree ruler, or the template in the pattern to mark a pointed-tip ruler to cut triangles without the point on the top. Follow the directions in the pattern for ruler placement to cut the diamond. The seams will nest and the triangles at the ends will match. If it doesn't make sense on the first read-through, just go ahead and start at the beginning, follow the directions and look at the photographs when reaching that point in the pattern. The flash of understanding will only be topped by the thrill of completion!
- Ruler- We use the Creative Grids 60 degree ruler, available or can be ordered at any Local Quilt Shop. We do not sell them online here. They are susceptible to breakage if not adequately boxed and packed.